Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: I need some advice regarding Premiere

  1. #11
    Inactive Member r.j.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok,
    I downloaded a copy of Adobe After Effects but damn if I can make the thing work! Much more complicated than premiere(which I didn't have that much trouble figuring out on my own).
    I can import my footage into it, and it looks fine ( in fact, for some reason it plays the footage at less than half speed, but it looks great! No ghosting, every frame crisp and distinct!) I don't know why it's playing it that slow, and I can't seem to find out, no matter how hard I look, how to change the speed it plays at. Also, I am competely mystified by the composition window, which doesn't seem to operate anything like the one in premiere.
    I realize this question and answer session has probably gone on long enough for most of you, but anyone who's got the time, I'd appreciate some tips on this program. It seems to be the solution, if i can just figure it out! I've been reading the tutorial all day and getting nowhere.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member digvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2001
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jamie -

    You can use Premiere to slow your footage down without introducing strange-looking frames. I do this by right-clicking on the clip on the timeline and choosing the "Speed..." function. You can enter a percentage value and it will add extra frames (should be whole, crisp frames, assuming your original frames are crisp) to slow the clip down.

    I have used After Effects, and believe me, you don't want to fool with it if you don't have to. It is expensive and difficult to use. It is a great tool, but you have to read a book or two about it before you can understand it.

    - digvid

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, Premier is a breeze compared to AfterFX.
    It's not like it's impossible to use, but neither program is something that you're going to be doing useful stuff with 30 minutes after getting it out of the box.

    Matt Pacini

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After Effect?! Never know that,... Let me try it! Jerome, deaf filmmaker

  5. #15
    Inactive Member r.j.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, first prize goes to Digvid for solving my problem almost instantly. I don't know how I managed to overlook that function in Premiere, but yes, it gives a solid slow motion effect, no ghosting.
    Cant believe it was that simple and now i feel really stupid for wasting everyones time on here. A big thank you to everyone who replied, you can now go back to work on your own films. My problem is solved.
    A very, very happy Jamie Tolagson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •